Whats is Kidsport?
KidSport enables Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. Eligible youth aged 5–18 years can apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. Each individual club (e.g. basketball, nippers) needs to register for Kidsport – The Shire can help you with this.
From now on parents must bring their application form to the Shire office to approved along with their health care card for us to photocopy. We will then enter the required details into the system and hand the voucher to the parents to take back to the club. The club will then need to send an invoice to the Shire of Cunderdin for payment.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or be referred by a recognised referral agent (local government discretion if recognised).
- Applicant primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to number of applications per family as long as criteria is met.
To utilise KidSport, whether you are applying for a voucher, registering your club for KidSport or applying to be a referral agent, the KidSport Wedsite is easy to navigate and use, go to http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport and follow the prompts.
Click here, to access the below information
- How to update information
- How to redeem KidSport vouchers
- How to create a club invoice
Register your Club at http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/portal/club-sign-up#
Apply for a KidSport Voucher at http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport/apply-for-kidsport or come into the Shire Office to pick up a hard copy of the Voucher.