The Shire of Quairading employs two Environment Officers to provide environmental management services to Quairading and the SEAVROC Shires including Cunderdin. To contact the environmental staff please contact:
Jen Vincent Environmental Officer
The Environment Officer role is to:
Provide advice on Environmental Management and Conservation issues (inc. saltland pastures, tree cropping and soil management strategies) to:
- Catchment groups
- Land Conservation District Committee;
- Shire of Beverley Brookton, Cunderdin, Quairading, Tammin and York. Increasing community engagement and awareness of NRM and the Environment
- Develop community Environmental projects (such as revegetation plans for parklands) and NRM initiative programs for SEAVROC landholders by obtaining funding, advising stakeholders and carrying out projects.
- Identification of plants, insects, reptiles and mammals for community members.
- Advising on Biosecurity issues relating to declared plants and animals.
- Communication Manager and Trial Site Coordinator for the Caring for our Country Project 'Perennial Farming Systems Targeting Wind Erosion within the North Eastern and Southern Eastern Wheatbelt Regions of WA'
- Project Support Officers for the Wheatbelt NRM Caring for Our Country Project 'Soil Conservation Incentive Program' for the SEAVROC Shires (Beverley, Brookton, Cunderdin,Quairading, Tammin and York,).
- Work with SEAVROC councils to assist with environmental work proposals for road reserves and re-vegetation plans for parks and community reserves.